Hi all! There isn’t going to be a featured author post this month, because I’m working on getting the Recommended Books section of this website off the ground and soon there will be MANY books featured there :) We’ll return to regular practice with that in February.
In the meantime, here are my plans for this year. These went out to my newsletter a couple weeks ago, so if you read that, this is redundant. If you didn’t, go sign up now! There are 3 free short stories for subscribers, and you get news first.
2019 Goals and Announcements
Happy 2019! I debated for a while whether I was going to write out my resolutions for the year, mostly because I never feel I know enough about the future to outright say “I will do this.”
Instead, I’m calling them “goals,” and, well…
They’re really more like “guidelines.”
In an ideal world, at this present moment, this is what I hope to accomplish in 2019.
I originally planned to release a Steward Story every other month. This is proving to be a more time-intensive occupation than I anticipated, and I have some non-writing commitments coming up this year. I’ve made the decision to slow down with releasing these short stories.
You can now look forward to:
- “Irellia the Night Walker” in March 2019
- “Jennoevre the Glowing” in June 2019
- “Eilor the Tailor” in September 2019
- “Matron Gaia” in December 2019
- “Steward Duecatoh” in March 2020
My goal is to then bundle these stories together and publish them in one paperback during summer of next year, and then to publish The Steward’s Apprentice in fall of 2020.
Other Exciting Goals
There’s more to being an author than book writing, and I’m so excited to be branching out in new ways. Here are non-publication goals for this year:
- Starting January 19th, I will be doing monthly read-alouds of my stories! By popular demand (aka a very scientific Twitter poll), I will livestream the reading on Instagram and then post the video to Youtube. I plan to start with The Weavers’ Blessing, reading a chapter a week! Hope to see you there :)
- I’m working on creating designs so that I can launch a Merch shop. This will hopefully happen late spring/early summer. If you have designs you’d like on T-shirts, mugs, stickers, etc., let me know! I want this to be fun for you guys as well as me :)
- I’m planning to attend Realm Makers this year! Realm Makers is writing conference for Christian authors of speculative fiction (fantasy, sci-fi, and horror). I’ll share more details about this in the coming months.
- I will continue my “Grammar with Beth” series on my blog
- I’ll still be participating in podcasts, articles, and more with the Phoenix Fiction Writers.
I am full of excitement for all that is to come–and I am so thankful for you and your support this past year. I look forward to another excellent year together!