In addition to what you see here, I have also published in other places. Scroll down to see anthology stories, blog posts, and podcasts.
“The Word Thrower” in Antiheroes
Words have power, and Word Throwers can access more of that power than the average person. At Avery Deleford’s Academy for the Locutionarily Adept, gifted students learn how to use that power responsibly. By combining speech and motion, they can shape the world around them as they like.
They must NEVER throw words at another human.
Dax Trelegan owes everything good in his life lately to the Academy. When he hears of suspicious activity among a nearby group of Word Throwers, Dax is prepared to risk everything to protect the people who have given him so much. He has never imagined himself as the hero type, but he can’t well let people get hurt if he can help.
“Kamynosa’s Labyrinth” in Strange Waters
Princess Kamynosa doesn’t need anyone’s help. Anyone could see she will be quite capable of being the Archipelago’s Archon on her own.
But her parents haven’t noticed that. No, they have called for a Labyrinth.
Disgruntled and eager to prove that she can do it alone,Kamynosa commandeers a boat and joins the ranks of men sailing the Labyrinth to win herself. She has every confidence that she will soar past the other competitors on the sparkling seas.
Yet Captain’s Heir Jadairos obnoxiously stays close in her wake. Even worse—he has a hero complex.
Proving that Kamynosa doesn’t need anyone just got a bit more challenging.
Guest Blog Posts
- 5 Tips for Writing Compelling Paragon Characters – Hannah Heath
- 7 Non-Romantic Relationships for Your Stories – Hannah Heath
- Don’t Write Every Day: 9 Ways to Rest and Rejuvenate – Hannah Heath
- Behind the Scenes: A Collision of Realm Makers and Boot Camp – Phoenix Fiction Writers
- Adventures in Teaching Writing – Phoenix Fiction Writers
- Using Instagram to Build Your Author Brand – Phoenix Fiction Writers
- 4 Ways to Approach Plot Structure – Phoenix Fiction Writers
- Beth Wangler Reviews The Electrical Menagerie – Phoenix Fiction Writers
- Playing with Words: 6 Ways to Liven Your Writing – Phoenix Fiction Writers
- On Writing Themes into Stories – PFW Podcast
- Tips for Using Rest to Rejuvenate Your Writing
- Writing Lessons Learned from Lord of the Rings
- Tips for Writing Compelling Action Scenes